Don't miss a thing - let us keep you updated with all our latest offers, news and cruises!
Bolette & Borealis
We are delighted to let you know we’re introducing two new vessels to our fleet.
The ships, to be named Bolette and Borealis, fit perfectly with our fleet of small ships, both carrying less than 1,400 guests.
Named Bolette, after Fred. Olsen Junior’s great-great-grandmother, and Fred. Olsen Senior’s great-grandmother. She was married to one of the original Olsen brothers behind the business, Petter Olsen, and was extremely well regarded in her community.
There is a church in Hvitsten in Norway, where the Olsen’s family live, that she helped to build and gifted to the village. The family have had many ships named after her.
The Olsen’s used to have a ship called Borealis in their fleet many years ago, in 1948, long before they became a cruise line.
The name ties in well with our company heritage stemming from Norway, with so many people going in search of the Northern Lights – the Aurora Borealis – with us, and celebrates the romanticism of cruising.
Each ship has its own unique style and personality and will bring exciting new features for our guests to enjoy.
- More space throughout the ships
- Original artwork and premium décor
- An all-weather swimming pool with a retractable roof
- A wide choice of restaurants, lounges and bars
- More balcony cabins and suites
- Culinary demonstration and wine tasting venues
- A classic two-tiered theatre
- Dedicated meeting spaces, perfect for groups
- Additional spa facilities including a thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool and more treatment rooms
We are so excited to be bringing these ships to our fleet and can’t wait to welcome you on board.